RSS

Seems Like Yesterday

My conversations these days begin something like this:
“I’m going to my uncle’s house to get my AIPMT forms attested. Seems like just yesterday I tagged along with my brother, to do the same for his entrance exam forms …”

Seems like just yesterday, I posted my very first poem on my blog, while in reality, my blog is celebrating its first birth anniversary.

Seems like just yesterday, Princy had sent me home saying, “You’re late because there was a puja at home? You may go home and attend the puja!” It’s two years later now, and we’re having the same puja at home.

Seems like just yesterday I was making a list of all the things I want to do after my 10th board exams, and the list still remains unchecked…only now it’s called “Things I want to do after my 12th board exams”


Seems like just yesterday, we were all keyed up about our school’s 1st “annual day”, while that actually happened 6 years ago.


Seems like just yesterday, we had got our house repainted, but old family photographs, prove me wrong.


Seems like just yesterday, I was having basketball practice with Rash and Maddy, but they’ve passed out and their respective siblings Priyanka and Shiuli have taken their place in the team.


Seems like just yesterday, I was watching the 1st High School Musical movie, but recently I’ve learnedthat everything…everything ends, including Troy and Gabriella’s senior year at high school. *sob* *sniff*


Seems like just yesterday, I was mumbling to everyone “Wake me up, when September ends!”


Seems like just yesterday, my seniors had taught me the right technique to take a lay-up. Now, it’s my turn to teach my juniors.


Seems like just yesterday, we all read the Pandora story for the first time, and cursed the pea-brain for opening the box of troubles.

Seems like just yesterday I was laughing my lungs out as Jay Leno poked fun at senator Clinton, Obama, and the old, white, bald guy, whose name I don’t care enough to remember. But Obama has been the President of the USA for an entire year already.
Moreover, Jay Leno has been replaced by Conan O’Brian.

Seems like just yesterday, I was walking home after my first day of summer-school, and a kid from my school had asked me “You had school today?”, and I had replied “Yup! I’m in twelfth!”

When things change so quickly that it almost seems like magic, when I feel like I'm living life in fast-forward, when time flies faster than a falcon, all I can do is wish for it to slow down, so that I can savour every moment , enjoy it to the fullest, and reminisce years later and say “seems like yesterday…”

2 responses:

♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ said...

Awwwwwww
now i feel like that too!! fully nostalgic
and heheheee aipmt forms huh??
:P
I'm so glad im not a doctor.. yeah it seems like just yesterday i'd go to our principals office everyday with a different entrance exam form!!
god luck :)

Xiphi! said...

:) Thanks a ton!

Things to do today:
1.Get up
2.Survive
3.Go back to bed.
 
Copyright 2009 Incurable Insanity All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes